In the event of a disaster or breakdown leading to the immobilization of your vehicle, Peugeot Open Europe guarantees your mobility.
The Peugeot Open Europe Assistance, available 7 days 7 and 24 on 24, on +33 (0) 1 47 89 24 24*.
An operator answers you in one of the 4 following languages: French - English - Spanish - Portuguese.
WHAT EVENTS DOES THE ASSISTANCE COVER?
- Breakdown immobilizing the vehicle that cannot be repaired the same day.
- Accident, vandalism or attempted theft immobilizing the vehicle that cannot be repaired the same day.
- Theft of vehicle.
HOW DOES THE ASSISTANCE SERVICE WORK ?
The assistance intervenes in the limits of the covered countries and of the exclusions.
The intervention of PEUGEOT OPEN EUROPE ASSISTANCE can't give you the guarantee against the necessity to change your initial projects. No compensatory allowance will be due in this case.
CASE OF FORCE MAJEURE
PEUGEOT OPEN EUROPE ASSISTANCE cannot be held responsible for the failure to abide by the commitments enumerated above in case of force majeure. By force majeure, one must include all events outside the parties' control, notably: requisition - civil or foreign war - acts of terrorism or sabotage - riots and popular uprisings - natural disasters - strikes, with or without the premises occupied.
PEUGEOT SODEXA ASSISTANCE cannot in any case intervene in incidents caused by :
- Mistaken fuel, running out of fuel or mistaken lubricant
- Immobilization of the vehicle by authorities, notably in cases of serious breach of law (speeding and/or alcohol level) or impounded
- Involvement in competitions, sport rallies or preparatory trials in these events
- Getting stuck
- Cases of force majeure
- Obvious misuse of vehicle
In these circumstances, Peugeot Sodexa will re-invoice all expenses generated by these incidents.